Adult - 5 day Passport
Senior (Over 55) - 3 day Passport
Senior (Over 55) - 5 day Passport
- Adults wishing to play golf on a Saturday and/or Sunday can exchange 2 Freedom of the Fairways vouchers in return for 1 round of golf. All weekend golf must
be booked with clubs in advance to avoid disappointment as there are a number of club competitions at weekends which take priority. Junior Golf
- please contact golf clubs direct for great junior rates. Additional Costs -
Please note that the championship Roxburghe Golf Course near Kelso charges a £20 Adult/£10 Junior supplement per round. Supplement is payable on arrival. How to purchase Freedom of the Fairway Passports:
1. Phone 01835 863170
and pay for your passport by credit card. We accept Switch, Visa & Mastercard (unfortunately we cannot accept cheques over £100).
N.B. When purchasing Freedom of the Fairways Golf passports, parties of 2 or more should be prepared to provide the names and addresses of all those who will be playing.
3. Online -
Look for the special golf section on our website or click here
to purchase now
4. VisitScotland Information Centres
- Once you arrive in the Scottish Borders you can purchase a Freedom of the Fairways Golf Passport at any of our VisitScotland Information Centres
. Conditions of Freedom of the Fairways Passports:Passport is valid from 1 April - 31 October.
Maximum 36 holes to be played on any one course.
3 day passport valid for 3 consecutive days.
5 day passport valid for 5 consecutive days.
Weekend golf - 2 vouchers may be redeemed for 1 round at the weekend. Please refer to the information on the individual clubs to determine the clubs that participate. Please book tee times in advance, particularly if playing as part of a group and at the weekend.
Courses may be unavailable on days of local competitions or events, particularly at weekends.
All play is subject to local club rules and regulations - see individual golf club entries.
Latest tee off time is 4pm (on a 9 hole course this would be the last time for 9 holes).
Tickets are not transferable in time or from golfer to golfer. Golfers found abusing these regulations by any club will be asked to leave the course!
Vouchers cannot be redeemed for anything other than a round of golf.
VisitScotland require the names and addresses of ALL playersEtiquette
- As a matter of courtesy to other golfers and the clubs involved in the scheme, please ensure you adhere to the following important rules when playing:
1. Make any necessary pitch mark repairs
2. Replace divots as required
3. Allow faster players through - a must if there is a clear hole in front! Temporary Greens
- Please note that some clubs move on to temporary greens during October for essential maintenance. Please check with individual clubs for details. Closure of Courses
- In the event of bad weather forcing the closure of courses, VisitScotland may be able to make partial refunds for vouchers unused on days when all the participating courses have been closed. Loss of Golf Passport
- Should you lose your golf passport either before or during your visit, you will be liable to pay the full purchase price at the time of re-issue. Insurance/Refunds
- VisitScotland and the clubs responsible for the golf courses included in the "Freedom of the Fairways" ticket will not be held responsible for any loss or injury incurred by those participating in the scheme. In this regard we strongly advise that individuals participating should make their own insurance arrangements, as NO REFUNDS
will be given.